PLEASE CONTACT US BY E MAIL IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! However, if you need to call, here's the numbers
Okra Festival 278 Harriet Tubman Road Burkville, AL 36752 (334) 284-0555- main (334) 324-7222 - alternate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT'S HARD TO ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN YOU ARE PICKLING OKRA!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How many people attend: Usually a few thousand.
2. Do you allow pets? We discourage pets because it is too hot for them, and they get my dogs in an uproar!
3. Why do the food vendors have to live in Lowndes County? Because we are a low income area and this is our big chance to make some money.
4. Why do you not charge vendor fees? Because it complicates everything. This festival is in a neighborhood, not in a field, and spaces are first come first serve. No vehicles allowed on festival grounds; people must unload and then park in a nearby field. Space is tight.
5. What is Grown Folks Okra Festival? It is hopefully adults only, and if someone wants to drink a beer or if there is moderately enjoyed alcoholic drinks, that's fine. No alcohol will be sold! We think folks can use a break from kids for a couple hours!
6. What do vendors need to bring? Everything they need. There is no electricity available. Bring your own shade, table and chairs.
7. Is the festival handicapped accessible? Pretty much. We have a ramp in the art gallery, and the ground is flat so wheel chairs do fine. However, there are only porta-potties for waste.